If your organisation is part of the Singapore manufacturing industry, then you won’t be surprised to learn how prominent this niche really is. Essentially, manufacturing represents about 20% of Singapore’s GDP. With that in mind, how necessary are IT services for manufacturing?
The secret to Singapore’s growing manufacturing industry has to do with the country’s move toward automation. Currently, Singapore boasts the world’s second-highest robot density. This has left manufacturing companies at greater risk of cyberattacks both on their premises and for remote workers.
Current Manufacturing Sectors IT Issues
In 2021, the total manufacturing output in Singapore was valued at around 372.4 billion Singapore dollars. That said, it’s worth noting that the country’s manufacturing systems aren’t without their fair share of IT issues. Some of the more prominent challenges are highlighted below.
Setting Up an IT Infrastructure
One of the challenges faced by manufacturing companies is setting up the correct IT infrastructure. Manufacturing IT solutions are extensive and choosing the best one for your organisation’s specific needs can be challenging. Additionally, keeping up with ever-changing technologies can be equally costly and difficult.
Hardware procurement is about a lot more than simply buying or having access to the latest IT equipment. It’s also about the technology strategy that’s required to keep your business on the same level as your competitors.
The process of selecting, purchasing, using and maintaining new technology can be costly and challenging if it’s not done as part of a managed IT service.
Globally, 92% of manufacturers rank cybersecurity as the highest risk factor in their organisations. In Singapore, the picture isn’t much different. In fact, the Cyber Security Agency of Singapore (CSA) recently released its annual report that shows that 89 ransomware cases were reported in 2020. This is a 154% rise from the 35 reported in 2019.
In 2021 however, this amount rose to a staggering 137 cases. Furthermore, SOCRadar shows that at least 75% come from the manufacturing industry. Additionally, Singapore is also number 6 in the world for being the most exposed to internet hackers. These statistics highlight cybersecurity as one of the significant manufacturing industry challenges.
IT services for a Successful Manufacturing Business
For your manufacturing business to become or remain successful in Singapore, you will need specific IT services for manufacturing companies. Some of the IT services you’ll need to include the following:
- Implementation of the right systems: Implementation of the industry-specific software and hardware required for your type of manufacturing organisation – these hardware and software options should simplify your specific work processes
- Latest cybersecurity: Access to the necessary Anti-Virus and cyber security software to implement solutions that keep your systems, data and processes safe and up to date
- Secure emailing: Use of encrypted and secure email and file sharing to minimise cyber-attacks such as phishing
- Office support: Proactive office support for onsite and remote employees
- IT audits: Regular IT assessments to identify processes that need to be upgraded for more enhanced and safer business processes
- Improved customer experience: Cost-effective access to innovative software and hardware solutions that increase productivity and simplify the customer and vendor experience
- Control systems: Access to applications and control systems to manage and secure product data and customer information
Benefits of Outsourcing IT Services for Manufacturing Sectors
Impressively, 72% of global manufacturers increased productivity in their plants, factories and processes by doing one simple thing – Applying IT. To top that, Singapore hopes to grow its manufacturing industry by 50% by 2030.
Partnering with the right IT service will help your organisation reach that goal. Some of the most significant benefits are listed below.
- Scalability: IT services for manufacturing will save the cost of engaging and training full-time IT staff
- Industry experts: Your manufacturing organisation will have access to industry-leading experts
- Cybersecurity: Access to industry-specific cloud solutions, increased cyber security to repel cybercriminals
- Keep the focus on creating profit: Digital transformation enables you to focus on your core business
- Competitive advantage: Having the latest IT systems in place will easily give your manufacturing company a competitive advantage above your competitors
What’s Included in the IT Services?
Understanding what solutions for manufacturing there are on offer in Singapore will make it easier to understand why your organisation needs IT services. Let’s take an extensive look at what a reputable IT service provider such as ITEasyCo has on offer.
- Technology management: Your organisation will have access to new and updated manufacturing product innovation. Their processes will provide your company with industry-specific technology solutions to move your business forward.
- Disaster recovery: In an industry where cyber attacks are becoming more common, it’s necessary to have the right technology tools in place to recover breached information and protect sensitive data.
- Risk management: Your IT service provider should provide regular assessments of your network security. Outsourcing your IT services to industry experts will safeguard your manufacturing systems.
- Operational support: In addition to providing support for both hardware and software systems, IT providers will also assist with help desk support such as office setup and virtual hosting.
- IT audit: Regular IT audits will identify what processes your manufacturing company needs to safeguard your business without compromising your business goals. These audits will also assess the protocols needed to implement solutions that keep intellectual property secure.
Work with IT EASY CO
It’s evident that your manufacturing business will reap the rewards of partnering with a top IT service provider. Outsourcing your IT to a reputable company such as ITEasyCo will not only streamline your processes but will also provide necessary cybersecurity.
All you have to do is request a free consultation to identify your organisation’s exact needs. Give your manufacturing company the digital transformation it needs to excel!
While starting a manufacturing business in Singapore is clearly a good choice, it’s important to partner with a credible IT service provider. Give your manufacturing business the edge it needs while at the same time protecting your data and systems by teaming up with industry experts!
IT plays an incredibly significant role in manufacturing. Essentially, IT should make business and manufacturing processes simpler and more effective, especially in an industry that’s continuously evolving. The most common areas IT is used in manufacturing include:
- Development, use and maintenance of computer systems
- Installation and upgrading of software
- Managing networks for the processing and distribution of data
Many aspects across various sectors are outsourced to make business and production processes simpler and more cost-effective. Services that are most regularly outsourced are:
- IT services – 54%
- Finance – 44%
- Payroll services – 32%
- Customer service & contact centres – 22%
In general, outsourcing IT management has a wide range of benefits across different sectors. The most significant benefits across the manufacturing sector are listed:
- More effective disaster recovery
- Simpler access to subject matter experts
- Lower costs which enable business owners to focus on their core business development