It’s no secret that Singapore is currently one of the best places to create and successfully manage a startup. More to the point, Singapore has been ranked as the number one country for startups in the Asia Pacific region in 2022. Further analysis shows that at least 3,800 of these startups are tech-enabled. With that said, how important is IT services for startups?
Several reasons make Singapore an easy place to not only start but successfully run a startup business. The most prominent factors include conducive business policies, a stable political environment, an extensive business network as well as a skilled workforce. This post takes a look at why it remains necessary to outsource your IT infrastructure and how your growing business will benefit from partnering with the right IT service provider.
Current IT Issues Startups Face
Despite many startups being incredibly successful in Singapore, the reality is that an estimated 30% will fail within the first three years. Some of the reasons for this are based on various issues faced by startups. The most prominent of these are highlighted below.
Lack Of IT Knowledge
One of the top IT-related issues faced by a growing business revolves around the lack of knowledge regarding IT infrastructure. This includes knowing what system to use, what IT protocols to put in place and how to use these systems to achieve your business goals.
Unable to Secure Their Startup’s Digital Foundation
Most startups start online these days. That said, there’s a big difference between being a website owner to running a successful small business. If a startup owner doesn’t know how to secure their digital foundation, they leave themselves and their business open for failure. The most prominent digital factors to consider include the following:
- Creation of relevant digital documents
- Negligence with your business website’s source code
- Securing customer data effectively
- User verification across all your platforms
- Implementing analytics
Costs Involved With Hiring Full-Time IT Staff
As your small business sets off, you will realise how important it is to have full-time IT staff. Depending on the type of business, this may not always be cost-effective in the initial stages. This is particularly an issue when you’re paying salaries to employees who have nothing to do as there may not be IT issues to resolve 24/7.
The Important IT Services to Outsource in Startups
Not all startups are the same. That means that each industry and business type will have its own unique requirements. What may be relevant and important in one type of industry, might not be as crucial in another.
The most significant services most new startups will benefit from include:
- IT Audit: This will determine what services you have vs what you need
- Technology management: Here you’ll have access to database administration and various aspects related to network connectivity
- Operation Support: Support services such as reactive onsite assistance, phone support and Email helpdesk assistance which if working correctly will increase employee productivity
Benefits of Outsourcing IT Services for Startups
Startup companies will experience significant benefits from outsourcing their IT services. This is especially the case where small business owners may not have the necessary experience with IT solutions.
Furthermore, it’s worth noting that almost all startups outsource many crucial business functions in the early stages. Let’s review some of the top benefits to look forward to.
- Minimises IT labour costs: Outsourcing your IT services means you won’t have to employ full-time IT staff. You also won’t have to create office space for these employees. Without these expenses, you can focus on your business objectives. This aspect makes outsourcing very cost effective.
- Access to expert knowledge: As a business owner, your area of expertise may not be in IT infrastructure, making it difficult to implement the necessary in your company. Enlisting the services of an experienced outsourcing team gives your organisation access to specialised individuals that can steer your business in the right direction. With expert skills, these specialists can advise you on the best hardware, software and cloud solutions to use for your type of startup.
- Minimise cyber risks: Statistics show that cybercrime amounted to 48% of overall crimes in Singapore in 2021. This includes new and existing startups. That said, outsourcing your IT services to experts will reduce this risk. In addition to providing growing companies with in-house and online security protocols, your company will also be up to date with regulatory compliance requirements.
- Allows you to maintain focus: As the owner of a startup, you need to focus on the core aspect of your business, which is selling your product or service. Without having to stress about employing IT staff and creating an IT infrastructure, you can focus on business continuity.
What’s Included in ITEasyCo’s IT Services?
It’s important to note that ITEasyCo is one of the top IT Consulting services with functions relevant to most startups. The most significant services on offer include:
- Operational support: Your startup will benefit from having updated software and hardware systems. The support team at ITEasyCo will also assist with office setup and virtual hosting.
- Technology management: Partnering with an IT Service Provider will give your small business access to the most relevant startup technology. This will include ensuring programs such as Microsoft Office are upgraded and utilized correctly.
- Risk management: No matter what your small business needs are, IT consulting services will ensure that your customer data and product information are safeguarded against potential cyber-attacks.
- Disaster recovery: In many instances, small businesses are more at risk of cyber breaches than their bigger counterparts. Superior IT services can provide you with the software solutions required to recover any data lost in a cyber-attack or system malfunction. IT experts will ensure that you have a backup system best suited to the type of startup you’re running.
- Project management & collaboration: A dedicated team of experts will also assist with creating the best cloud solutions specifically geared toward your specific business network.
- Perimeter security: Many startup companies require office security, and the good news is that a company like ITEasyCo can assist with setting up alarms, door access and even CCTV.
- IT Audit: Aside from the technical support provided, an IT Service Provider will also do an extensive audit and identify how the current or initial infrastructure can be improved.
Work With IT EASY CO
Our extensive look at the reasons and benefits of opting to outsource your IT services for your startup company emphasises it’s importance. Furthermore, it’s as simple as partnering with a top Service Provider such as ITEasyCo to ensure that your company’s IT needs are not only met but exceeded.
All it takes is a free consultation to identify what your business needs. Putting the perfect IT solutions in place from the beginning will make it easy for you to focus on growing your startup company and making a profit.
Outsourcing your IT services is a proactive approach to getting the relevant services for startups in place from the beginning. By doing this you’ll be able to save time and maintain a special focus on your business goals. Partner with a leading provider who specialises in the right skills and your business will be well on its way to being successful!
A recent survey by Clutch has shown that accounting is the top outsourced function among Singapore startups. General IT functions make up the next most outsourced functions. For the most part, this includes:
- IT services
- IT development such as web development & software development
- Digital Marketing
- Human Resources
Essentially, tech startups also make use of outsourcing services. Unlike other startups, a tech business will usually make use of consultants that specialise in preventive maintenance failures. These specialists also monitor a customer’s IT infrastructure components. This includes the following:
- File and web services
- Information security services
- Network services
- Data recovery
Outsourcing IT operations has many benefits that make it increasingly popular. The most significant are:
- Reduces business costs
- Keeps a company owner focused on the core business functions
- Your company will have access to the latest startups technology
- Organisation will remain compliant