With the advancement of digital technology becoming an integral part of the general functioning of places such as schools and other educational institutions, finding the right IT support is essential. Learners and teachers should be able to focus on what they’re meant to be doing and not worrying about IT issues.
Schools play a vital role in supporting the younger generation who want to learn and teachers need to pay attention to lesson planning. The last thing they want to do is worry about IT matters when most of them haven’t been trained in this field. School management strategies should include IT support services for schools in Singapore. This means working with a company that makes IT easy!
Current Schools IT Issues
Many schools today are taking advantage of IT technology to enhance the learning environment of the institution. Digitising all aspects of the school environment including lesson planning and teaching, payrolling and offering remote learning initiatives allows the school to create a solid educational foundation. But, as with all digital systems, IT issues can arise.
1) Hardware Procurement and Budget Constraints
Going digital can be costly and for schools in Singapore working with a tight budget, due care needs to be taken when sourcing hardware and software solutions. Incorporating hardware and software into the institution’s operation is a capital expense many schools need to keep within affordable means.
Collaborating with an IT company will provide support with hardware procurement that is the right fit for your education facility specific needs while getting the best pricing.
2) Aging Systems and Cybersecurity Risks
If your school has been using an IT system for many years but not updating it on a regular basis, you run the risk of exposing learners, teachers and management staff to cyber-attacks. Securing digital learning spaces, payroll systems and access to ensure personal and confidential information stays private can become a nightmare if you’re working with an aging IT system.
The right IT support team can expand your digital infrastructure while improving cybersecurity and secure access at the same time.
3) Poor Wireless Networks
Modern schools in Singapore are equipping classrooms with an array of computers, mobile devices and tablets for enhancing the learning and teaching environment. However, these devices become useless if the wireless network infrastructure is weak. Poor wireless connectivity slows down the network, resulting in increased frustrations for all digital users in the school.
A professional IT support company can ensure that a competent and highly functional wireless system is installed for optimal network services.
4) Inadequate IT Technical Support
Installing an IT infrastructure is one thing but doing so without having the right technical support could be a recipe for disaster! Many schools can’t afford to have their digital system fully managed by their own IT technical support expert. Relying on educational or management school employees who aren’t trained to solve IT issues often results in more problems than solutions.
Inadequate IT technical support can be minimised by hiring the services of trained technicians who can offer skilled support for schools and have experience working on digital systems.
IT Services for a Successful School
IT services for a successful school mean that the facility can offer top-class learning and teaching environments. The right IT services allow for:
- Risk management: This prevents increased exposure to online security dangers that could undermine the school’s IT infrastructure.
- Technology management: Ensuring that hardware and software are updated regularly while keeping the system current. Is vital for the successful running of a school.
- Disaster recovery: Losing data can be disastrous, costly and even forcing downtime when the school can least afford it! Expert technicians can ensure data recovery with minimal impact on the school.
- Better control of IT equipment: Proactive maintenance, installing the right equipment and keeping it up-to-date are essential for a successful school.
Running a successful school in Singapore means having a strong IT infrastructure while managing technology integrations for optimal performance. Tech-forward educational institutions would benefit from managed IT services, leaving the school to focus on what they do best – teaching and learning.
Benefits for Outsourcing IT Services for Education
Outsourcing IT services for education makes a whole lot of sense in so many ways. The benefits include:
- Hardware and software asset management: Let the professionals in the industry take care of your hardware and software assets. Services include handling IT device support and troubleshooting, performing backups and synchronising setups and management of the digital systems.
- Virtual hosting: Letting an IT service provider handle email, website, domain, and cloud hosting services is far easier than trying to navigate it when you’re not IT proficient.
- User and system monitoring: Security management is vital for the privacy and confidentiality of all users on the system. Monitoring users and the IT system includes filtering emails, installing antivirus programmes and securing access to the network.
- Reactive and proactive onsite support: When IT systems crash, immediate onsite support is vital to reduce downtime. Working with a dedicated IT support team that offers 24/7 services while offering proactive solutions is key to keeping the digital infrastructure safe and functional.
- Reduced payroll costs: Employing an IT technician full-time can burden the school’s payroll. Outsourcing IT services reduces this cost to the school.
Using IT support services to resolve issues linked to your school’s digital infrastructure gives you peace of mind everything is working as it should!
Which School or Education Sector Would Benefit the Most?
The education sector is vast in Singapore and includes a number of institutions that would benefit the most from using IT support services. These include:
- Primary and secondary schools
- Junior colleges
- Centralised institutes
- Public and private universities
- Art institutions
- Specialised tertiary schools
- International schools
- Language centres
- Special education schools
- Supplementary schools
While some schools can afford their own in-house team to handle all IT issues, hiring a service provider is a beneficial option most educational institutions can take advantage of. This way they can stay on the same level as other schools offering a digital learning environment on a day-to-day basis.
What is Included in the IT Services?
Depending on the IT service provider you pick, you can expect a wide range of services to support your school’s digital infrastructure. These include:
- Tailored IT solutions
- Phone and office support
- Proactive maintenance through active monitoring
- Remote management
- Ticketing and issue tracking
- Project management and collaboration
- IT audit
- Helpdesk support
When looking for an IT support service team to partner with find out if they offer a free consultation. Most service providers do offer this facility to support schools who want to engage with the experts without it turning into a costly exercise.
Moving On From Here
Now that you know why your school in Singapore would benefit from partnering with an IT support company, where do you move on from here? It’s quite simple! Contact our friendly team at IT Easy Co on +65 6611 8171 and let out experts bring first-class digital support and solutions to your education institution.
Trust us to work alongside you in finding the best IT solutions for your education institution so that it runs efficiently while elevating your learning and teaching environment.
Outsourcing your school’s IT services to a reputable company is a worthwhile investment for keeping children safe while improving the facility’s educational experience. Integrating IT support services for schools in Singapore is essential for safeguarding your digital system and is something every small, big or mid-sized business in the education sector should consider.
Focusing on providing education for the next generation is every school’s responsibility. Professional IT support service businesses understand this and work closely with you so you can pay full attention to where it matters most – your learners. What are you waiting for? Give us a call at IT Easy Co and let’s start talking about supporting your school’s IT infrastructure today!