The last few years have seen an increase in demand of healthcare systems around the world. Singapore is no different. As the 12th-ranked country in the 2021 World Index for Healthcare Innovation, it’s evident that Singapore understands the demands of improving efficiency.
Despite this achievement, Singapore health workers are still facing a huge dilemma when it comes to healthcare data. Gathering patients’ information, data entry and managing this data is one of the toughest challenges that health care staff are facing. This is why IT services for healthcare have become increasingly important.
Current Healthcare IT Issues
In an attempt to streamline IT processes, there are several issues the healthcare industry still faces.
1) Cyber Attacks
Cyber security remains a crucial area of concern for health systems in Singapore. Cyber-attacks can access personal and highly sensitive patient data. The 2018 cyber-attack on Singapore’s healthcare system is proof that the threat is very real.
As victims of one of the biggest medical cyber hacks to date, close to 1.5 million patients had their outpatient prescription data stolen. With that in mind, IT healthcare services are making patient data protection a top priority.
2) Time-Consuming Data Capturing Processes
Healthcare systems that don’t have reliable IT services in place can find themselves struggling with dated systems. Manual data entry can be time-consuming, often resulting in frustrated patients.
IT Services for a Successful Healthcare Service
Our experts provide several technology solutions that create a successful healthcare service. These include:
Keeping Up With Automation
Intelligent automation (IA) refers to the latest aspect in the technology landscape to make healthcare simpler. Digital workers or AI-based software is designed to assist with appointment bookings, referrals and basic queries.
Without an automated process in place, medical staff are under extreme pressure to register patients, update files and make patient data ready for the next step in patient care. This can be especially difficult in instances where an area has experienced a Coronavirus outbreak.
Using an automated IT system not only speeds up vital patient care but also improves the service availability of essential staff. So, instead of having a key employee stuck behind a desk making appointments, they can focus on the patients’ needs.
Providing Cost-Effective Clinical Solutions
Another aspect that an efficient IT service will provide healthcare providers with is updated population health management solutions. This cost-effective solution will improve clinical and business processes, ultimately saving the organisation money in the long run.
Improved Data Processing
Having an effective IT service provider will ensure that your customer data isn’t only captured without hassle but also readily available when a patient or practitioner needs it.
A data system that’s overseen by an outsourced IT company will give medical practitioners access to easy-to-use patient portals. With the standardisation of many medical processes, much of the healthcare clients’ information can even be accessed via mobile apps and mobile devices.
Enable Data Migration
Data migration is another key aspect every healthcare organisation should have. The good news is your IT service provider can create an effective solution to make this process easy and efficient.
Often referred to as cloud migration, data migration is the act of moving electronic patient records from one system to another. A recent survey shows that 96% of healthcare organisations have opted to use cloud migration.
Doing this has the benefit of safeguarding the information as well as making it accessible to other medical organisations and practitioners. This prevents patients from having to run around getting copies of manual files when they are seeing different specialists for their care.
Outsourced IT Services for Healthcare Industries Benefits
Medical organisations that use outsourced IT services experience a range of benefits. Some of the benefits healthcare providers can look forward to include the following:
- Outsourcing enables healthcare providers to save money by not having to employ full-time IT staff that work onsite all-day
- Patient, employee and medical records are protected by the best potential software solutions
- Patients and medical staff have easy access to electronic health records, eliminating the need to deal with manual files which can be challenging when patients move between medical facilities.
- Reduces the risk of costly errors on medical billing
- Minimises the manual task of data gathering and capturing which maximises staff productivity and efficiency
- Improve patient experiences, care and general outcome, leaving patients feeling less frustrated
- Access to updated software development and regulatory requirements
- Patient data protection complies with HIPAA compliances
- More efficient medical claims processing
- Regular IT audits will ensure all your software and hardware applications are relevant and protected
- IT technicians provide 24/7 access to troubleshooting and device support
Which Healthcare Sector will Benefit the Most?
One of the questions we’re often asked is, “Which healthcare sector will benefit the most?” Generally, small practices and healthcare services with a maximum of 20 computer-using employees will be ideal candidates for these types of IT outsourcing.
Some of the common types of medical organisations that will benefit the most are listed below:
- Local family medicine clinics
- Dental practices
- Small cosmetic surgery practices
- Animal hospitals and veterinary clinics
- Specialist offices or practices (such as chiropractors, optometrists and physiotherapists)
What’s Included in the IT Services?
Opting to use skilled IT solutions in your healthcare organisation may leave you wondering what types of services you’ll have access to. Thankfully, a resourceful company such as ITEasyCo.com can provide you with the following services:
- Operational support: In addition to updating software and repairing any hardware issues, skilled IT technicians also provide employees with any IT-related issues. This can be training issues and general IT queries.
- Managed IT services: Tech support not only wants you to work with the best possible systems but also facilitates the general process to be streamlined and easier. This makes it easy for healthcare workers to focus on patient care.
- Data recovery: A loss of data can be very detrimental and financially draining to your healthcare business. Additionally, it causes a major inconvenience for patients and medical staff.
- Risk management: Identifying any potential IT or data risks can safeguard your healthcare systems against any security breaches. This will include data backup processes and user awareness training.
- Project Management & Collaboration: It can be difficult for healthcare organisations to find the right type of tech solution for their unique needs. A skilled agency will be able to assist with this in a cost-effective manner.
- IT Audit: As part of a thorough IT audit, technical staff will be able to identify any potential software and hardware issues. It will also expose aspects of the system that need to be updated or replaced to ensure business continuity.
- Efficient Office setup: Your IT service provider will assist with office design and layout. This will ensure that all systems are placed in the most efficient place for users to access. In some instances, they will also provide electronic devices such as laptops, desktop computers and mobile devices.
- Virtual hosting services: Providing links and access to aspects such as the cloud server, email servers, website hosting and domains will also be handled by your IT expert, eliminating the need for you to train someone to manage these functions.
Moving On From Here
If you’re managing one of the healthcare companies around Singapore, it’s time to improve and streamline your software solutions. At ITEasyCo.com, our support service will improve the way you run your medical practice. Contact us for all your IT service outsourcing needs!
Healthcare is all about patient care. Improving patient engagement will not only improve the profitability of your business strategy but will also provide your staff with convenient access to medical records. Use an optimised IT environment to give your patients the outstanding care they deserve!
Essentially, an IT Service Technician is a skilled and trained computer professional. While their main purpose is to install, configure and maintain a company’s hardware and software, they also assist with telephonic or on-site troubleshooting.
For the most part, IT services can include IT related consultations, industry specific software development and various system integrations. They also provide the services that go along with hardware installations. Educating and providing a query-solving service for the medical staff using the system is also crucial.
Furthermore, the broader scope of IT services is made up of several specialised functions such as :
- Security services
- Managed services
- Cloud computing
- Data management
Having the most effective IT solution enables your in-house systems to improve efficiency and provide a streamlined experience for patients and staff alike.
Skilled tech support can put business processes in place that will save your healthcare business money in the long run. Your medical business will also get access to industry leading technology. This in turn leads to an increased ROI and exposes your practice to a wider patient base.
There are several ways that health information technology (IT) can improve the healthcare process. The most significant ways include:
- Simplifying communication between different health care practitioners
- Improving medication safety
- Tracking and reporting on the various stages of each process
- Encouraging advanced care by upgraded access to various regulated guidelines